Luxury Train Tour to Goa
Goa's history goes back to 20,000-30,000 years. The rock art engravings exhibit the earliest traces of human life in India. Upper Paleolithic or Mesolithic rock art engravings have been found on the bank of the river Kushavati at Usgalimal. Petroglyphs, cones, stone-axe, and choppers dating to 10,000 years ago have been found in many places in Goa, such as Kazur, Mauxim, and the Mandovi-Zuari basin. Evidence of Palaeolithic life is seen at Dabolim, Adkon, Shigao, Fatorpa, Arli, Maulinguinim, Diwar, Sanguem, Pilerne, and Aquem-Margaon etc. Difficulty in carbon dating the laterite rock compounds poses problems in determination of exact time period.
- Location : Goa
- Languages : Goa is a multilingual state thanks to its colourful history of thousands of years which has seen people of various regions, ethnic races and religions from India and abroad settling in Goa and influencing the local language. Konkani is the mother tongue of Goans, while Marathi too is widely spoken.
- Temperature :March to June 31℃ (Max), 23℃ (Min) - November to February 30℃ (Max), 20℃(Min)
- Popular As : City of beaches
- To See : Ancestral Goa Museum/Big Foot, Chapora Fort, Fort Aguada.
- Festival : Goa Carnival - celebrated in the month of February.