Luxury Train Tour to Aurangabad
Named after the last Great Mughal, Aurangzeb, the town of Aurangabad was the base of the Mughal campaign to invade the Deccan. The city has several sites of historic importance, such as Bibi Ka Maqbara and the Daulatabad Fort. Aurangabad is ideally located from where visitors can head out to the Ajanta Caves, the marvellous rock-cut Buddhist temples. Carved in a horseshoe shaped cliff, these cave temples and shrines are decorated with delicate paintings making them a truly marvellous achievement for their time. Lost for many centuries, the Ajanta Caves were rediscovered by a British soldier in the early 19th century. An equally magnificent site of great antiquity near Aurangabad is the Ellora Caves, built during the 6th and 10th century.
- Location : 335 Kms from Captal city of Maharashta - Mumbai
- Languages : Hindi, English and Marathi
- Temperature :March to June 40℃ (Max), 25℃ (Min) - November to February 21℃ (Max), 16℃(Min)
- Popular As : City of Caves
- To See : Bibi-ka-Maqbara & Daulatabad fort, The exceptional rock temples and caves at Ajanta & Ellora
- Festival : Aurangabad Festival - held in December