Luxury Train Tour to Aihole
Aihole, the first capital of Chalukya dynasty, is an important travel destination in Karnataka with more than 100 ancient temples that dates back to Chalukyan period. The city is located in the Bagalkot district of Karnataka, on the banks of river Malaprabha. Aihole is popular among tourists for its rock cut caves and temples and their unique architecture. The main tourist attractions of Aihole are its ancient temples that are close to 100 in numbers divided into 22 groups. These temples are of great interest for visitors with interest in ancient history and architecture. Aihole temples are considered to be an important illustration of the temple architecture of early Chalukyan style built between the 6th and 8th centuries.
- Location : 500 kms from Bangalore
- Languages : Hindi, English, Kannada
- Temperature :March to June 37 Degree (Max), 18 Degree (Min) - November to February 25 Degree (Max), 15 Degree (Min), monsoons from June to late August/early September
- Popular As : Aihole temples
- To See : Chalukyan styled temples
- Festival : Annual chariot/car festival in February/March