Baroda or 'Vadodara', the original name of Baroda means 'set in the womb of the banyan trees'. Once the capital of the princely Gaekwads, Vadodara is a graceful city of palaces, parks, temples, museums and art galleries. It has a public park with a museum, a picture gallery and a zoo covering 60 hectares on the banks of the Vishvamitri.
- Location : 110 Kms from Ahmedabad
- Languages : Hindi, English and Gujrati
- Temperature :March to June 42℃ (Max), 25℃ (Min) - November to February 30℃ (Max), 12℃(Min)
- Popular As : City of Gaekwads
- To See : Maharaja Fateh Singh Museum, Champaner, Pawagarh
- Festival : Navratri - Nine day festival in the month of Mar - Apr and Sep - Oct, Dussehera - Celebrated in the month of Oct - Nov