City of Lakes, is a city, a Municipal Corporation and the administrative headquarters of the Udaipur district in the state of Rajasthan in western India. It is located 403 kilometers (250 mi) southwest of the state capital, Jaipur, 248 km (154 mi) west of Kota, and 250 km (155 mi) northeast from Ahmedabad. Udaipur is the historic capital of the kingdom of Mewar in the former Rajputana Agency. The Guhils (Sisodia) clan ruled the Mewar and its capital was shifted from Chittorgarh to Udaipur after founding city of Udaipur by Maharana Uday Singh. The Mewar province became part of Rajasthan after India became independent
Apart from its history, culture, and scenic locations, it is also known for its Rajput-era palaces. The Lake Palace, for instance, covers an entire island in the Pichola Lake. Many of the palaces have been converted into luxury hotels. It is often called the "Venice of the East", and is also nicknamed the "Lake City"
- Location : Udaipur
- Languages : Main language spoken in Udaipur are Mewari, Hindi and English
- Temperature :March to June 41℃ (Max), 25℃ (Min) - November to February 24℃ (Max), 10℃(Min)
- Popular As : City of Lakes
- To See : Lake Palace, Jag Mandir, Monsoon Palace, Jagdish Temple, Fateh Sagar Lake, Lake Pichola, Saheliyon-ki-Bari, Gulab Bagh and Zoo, Doodh Talai, Bharatiya Lok Kala Mandal, Maharana Pratap Memorial or Moti Magri, Bohara Ganesh Ji, Nehru Garden, Bagore-ki-Haveli, Ahar Museum, Shilpgram, Neemach Mata Temple, Udaipur Solar Observatory, Sukhadia Circle.
- Festival : Mewar Festival - celebrtaed in July - August, Shilpgram Crafts Utsav - Ten dat Festival in the month of Dec