Ratnagiri is one of many premiere tourist destinations in Maharashtra. With some of the most beautiful beaches, Ratnagiri is also home to historic monuments and serene temples. A port city on the Arabian Sea coast in Southwestern Maharashtra, Ratnagiri is bordered by the Sahyadris to the east; and receives heavy rainfall which results in a highly eroded landscape in the coastal region, but fertile alluvial valleys in the region produce abundant rice, coconuts, cashew nuts, and fruits, "Hapus" (Alphonso) mangoes being one of the main fruits. Fishing is an important industry in Ratnagiri.
- Location : 330 Kms from Mumbai
- Languages : Hindi, English and Marathi
- Temperature :March to June 40 Degree (Max), 25 Degree (Min) - November to February 21 Degree (Max), 16 Degree (Min), heavy monsoons from June to late August/early September
- Popular As : Ratnagiri
- To See : Ganpatiphule temple, Bhatye beach
- Festival : Ganesh festival, turtle festival.