The port city of Bhavnagar is located on the west of the Gulf of Khambat. Bhavnagar was a major trading hub established in 1724 by Bhavsinhji Gohil and the capital of the then Bhavnagar state. The city is today a bustling metropolis, the 6th largest in Gujarat and often called the cultural capital of Saurashtra. Nearby lies the Shatrunjaya temple complex, located amid the Shatrunjaya hills, that has an astounding 863 shrines within, each made of marble with intricate carving.
- Location : Bhavnagar is situated 198 km from the state capital Gandhinagar
- Languages : Hindi, English and Gujrati
- Temperature :March to June 41℃ (Max), 27℃ (Min) - November to February 20℃ (Max), 15℃(Min)
- Popular As : Cultural capital of Saurashtra.
- To See : Vibrant bazaars, Hilltop temple complex, Breathtaking views
- Festival : Navratri celebration in Mar- Apr and Sep-Oct, Janmashtmi - Birth day of Lord Krishna in the month of July or August