Famous for one of the finest examples of Hindu temples in Gujarat. The Sun Temple in Modhera, a product of the Solanki period (8th-13th century) is an outstanding monument, set against the backdrop of a barren landscape with beautiful sculptures of Gods and Goddesses, birds, beasts and blossoms decorating the pillars. The temple sits on a classical kharasila pitha with a brick base and stone facing embellished with elaborate mouldings and stringcourses.
- Location : 102 Kms from Ahmedabad
- Languages : Hindi, English and Gujarati
- Temperature :March to June 40℃ (Max), 25℃ (Min) - November to February 21℃ (Max), 16℃(Min)
- Popular As : City of Sun Temple
- To See : Sun Temple
- Festival : Modhera Dance festival - celebrated in the month of January