Kolhapur, the land of magnificent temples, is the religious pride of Maharashtra. Nested in the tranquil laps of the Sahyadri mountain ranges, it is situated on the banks of the river Panchganga. Also termed as a city of palaces and gardens, it is a historic Maratha city, with the Mahalakshmi temple forming the focus. Arts, aristocracy and graciousness, combined with culture stepped in spiritualism, education and modernization.
- Location : 450 kms from Mumbai
- Languages : Hindi, English and Marathi
- Temperature :March to June 34℃ (Max), 24℃ (Min) - November to February 27℃ (Max), 21℃(Min)
- Popular As : Kolhapur
- To See : Mahalakshmi temple, New Palace Museum, Town Hall Museum, Rankala
- Festival : Gudi padva in April, Navratri in Sept/October