Jodhpur, also called the "Blue City" located on the edge of the Thar Desert was once the capital of the former princely state of Marwar state founded in 1459 by Rao Jodha and is now the second largest city of Rajasthan. Flanked on its western side by the Mehrangarh Fort, and on the eastern side by the stately sandstone Palace of Umaid Bhawan; the monuments temples and gardens of Jodhpur depict a multi-faceted grandeur.
- Location : 340 Kms from Capital of Rajasthan - Jaipur
- Languages : Hindi, English, Rajasthani and Marwari
- Temperature :March to June 40℃ (Max), 25℃ (Min) - November to February 24℃ (Max), 10℃(Min)
- Popular As : Blue City of India
- To See : Magnificent Mehrangarh Fort, Blue-washed houses
- Festival : Marwar festival - held in the month of october, Desert kite festival - celebrated in the month of January