Bijapur is a town blessed by scattered ruins and still intact gems of the 15th to 17th century Muslim architecture. It was the capital of the Adil Shahi dynasty (1489-1686), one of the splinter states formed when the Bahamani Muslim kingdom broke up in 1482. Bijapur is strongly Muslim in character. The town is dotted with mosques, mausoleums, palaces and fortifications. A formidable fort surrounds the town, which has some of the finest mosques in the Deccan and retains a pleasant atmosphere.
- Location : 384 Kms from Hyderabad
- Languages : Hindi, English and Kannada
- Temperature :March to June 41℃ (Max), 28℃ (Min) - November to February 20℃ (Max), 15℃(Min)
- Popular As : Bijapur
- To See : Gol Gumbaj, Nagar Khana, Malik e maidan
- Festival : Music Festival in January or February